Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Agent login Customization

sathesujit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement where we are migrating current CTIOS desktop to Finesse.

One of the current functionality within CTIOS Desktop  is that When agent hits login Icon, CTIOS retrieves the agent's  Windows user name and uses it as finesse user name and then determines the password using the username..(There is some internal logic to determine the password).. Then CTIOS desktop automatically logs in the user using these credentials..

Another requirement for another set of users is that user ID/instrumentID is stored locally in a properties file and that when user clicks login icon in CTIOS the user ID/instrumentID is automatically populated. (I know this can be addressed to some extent by enabling Internet explorer 'AutoComplete' function) . But is is possible to implement it using the same way as in CTIOS ?

Can anyone advise of any kind of customization is possible at all for finesse login screen ?

Thanks !

Sujit Sathe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sujit,

The only way I can think of is to use a bookmarklet (javascript) to populate the fields. I am not sure if it would be able to grab the information from the desktop though.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sujit,

The only way I can think of is to use a bookmarklet (javascript) to populate the fields. I am not sure if it would be able to grab the information from the desktop though.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

quick question - What is SSO in finesse 11.5 as it relates to Finesse Agent login page ? Does it mean that there is an out of box way to integrate finesse login page to automatically read agent's window's loginID ? Is this feature  to read windows login ID and populate it into finesse available yet ?

I am able to make it work write a bookmarklet (as you suggested.. Thanks !!) and then do whatever I want with the login page. But to read the windows user ID  I need to update Internet Explorer's  java script security settings which customer is not willing to do.

Thanks !!

Sujit Sathe

CDW

Hi Sujit,

I am not 100% sure if it can read the agent's windows' loginId, but here is a document talking about SSO: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_5_1/Conf…

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for the information.

So The way I see it is - SSO is more of infrastructure change in UCCE itself rather than in just Finesse  and it involves Identity Manager etc. Looks like it's not possible to use SSO feature just for finesse without making this infrastructure change. But the way I understand it is - once this change is implemented finesse probably will not even present the login page. It would directly log in the agent which is exactly what many customers want. guess will need to test this..

Thanks,

Sujit Sathe

CDW

Hi Sujit,

Yes, that is correct. You won't have the login page if you have SSO enabled and it is already logged in.

Thanx,

Denise

okay..

But in that case, how is rest of the login information like - instrumentID , mobile agent mode , call mode & dial# (for mobile agent) assigned to agent ?

will it be pre-configured in in agent settings ?

Oh sorry, I forgot about that. There will be a screen where the extension information is requested.

Got it..

Thanks for the information.

Thanks,

Sujit Sathe

david_legrand
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sujit, Denise,

I have deployed PCCE with SSO feature enabled for Finesse.

I have activated SSO in hybrid mode, and it is working fine.

But agents still have to enter their login into the Finesse login page. Is there a way to avoid this entry ? Is it a limitation if I am running SSO Hybrid mode ?

David

Hi David,

Interesting. Let me talk to the Finesse team about this because maybe I misunderstood the SSO login feature.

Thanx,

Denise

I would let Denis answer this.

I haven't had a chance to test SSO for finesse yet.

But my understanding is they should not have to enter login info when SSO is enabled.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone

What I know for sure :

I have enabled SSO. It is working fine.

In release 11.5 the login page page has only one field, agent ID.

Login-page.jpg

Agents have to enter their login (something like xxx@xxx.xx)

If SSO login succeed, agent reach pre login page.

No need for the agents to enter password anymore, the credentials are checked by the IDP.

The agent has to enter their phone extension and if needed mobile agent option.

Pre-Login-page.jpg

I wish I could find a way to avoid first login page.

David

Hi David,

I checked with the Finesse team and the first login page (where it asks for the username) will be displayed the first time the agent logs in or if the browser cache is cleared. Subsequent logins will only ask for the extension/mobile agent.

So if I am understanding your explanation above correctly, what you have explained is correct. Finesse is unable to avoid the first login page the first time around because it wouldn't know which user to authenticate and can't assume.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Many thanks for your help. When we have a look on the cache of the browser, the login is a session variable, as a consequence, anytime I close the browser, I have to enter login again.

Only extension and mobile agent options are persistent,

Did I miss something in the configuration ?

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: