Views
Helpful
Replies

Resync function

JPvisltgb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have found that there is a resync button in Device inventory. As I understand this function send signal to switch to get config file from PnP. I was triying to change config that is currently connected to switch in PnP and pushed Resync button I see log in switch "Mar  2 06:32:48: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by apic on vty0", but it didn't take updated configuration from PnP. Maybe my logic is wrong and this function is not working as I think ?

I'm using 1.4  version.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jegor,

the re-sync option works the other way.  It re-syncs the controller to the configuration and other state on the device.

PnP is a day0 operation.  You only push the configuration once.

After that the device is added to the inventory and the controller keeps track of the device state.

Adam

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jegor,

the re-sync option works the other way.  It re-syncs the controller to the configuration and other state on the device.

PnP is a day0 operation.  You only push the configuration once.

After that the device is added to the inventory and the controller keeps track of the device state.

Adam

Stefan Honeder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jegor,

This is unfortunately not the intention of resync. It's actually to manually sync devices in the inventory, e.g. if you run some tests and want immediate status reflection in APIC-EM instead of waiting the default poll time.

Have a look here for your reference (page 2): http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-module/1-4-x/network_visibility/release-notes/b_Cisco_Network_Visibility_Release_Notes_1_4_0_x.pdf

Regards,

stefan

JPvisltgb
Level 4
Level 4

Ok I got it. But are planning to implement such feature, where you can change configuration on switches or reprovision it from APIC-EM ? It will be great.

Hi Jegor,

lots of plans to improve APIC-EM.  In 1.4 we added CommandRunner that allows you to run exec commands on devices.

I would encourage you to use the "I wish this page would...." button on bottom right to make a wish to Product Management.

Adam