Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get the jabberwerx events

poonam.menon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a query regarding jabberwerx events.

I am able to get the notifications from jabberwerx while the user signs in , and changes the states like ready,not-ready and logout.
But when I try to make a call, the finese api initiates the call.But I am not getting the jabber events for this communication.

Should the jabber connection be established each time a user action takes place? Or does it work differently for client actions ?

Can you advise the event that should be listened in order to achieve it.I am trying to implement it using javascript.

Below are the code , that gets invoked when the user logs in :

_jwClient.event("messageReceived").bindWhen(

"event[xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#event'] items item notification",

_eventHandler);

_jwClient.event("clientStatusChanged").bind(function(evt) {

_finesse.signIn(username, instrument, true, _signInHandler, _signInHandler);

});

Regards,

Poonam

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Poonam,

The jabberwerx connection should be established when the user signs in and disconnected when they sign out. If you are getting the agent state events, I do not see why you wouldn't get the call events. Try to use a XMPP client such as Pidgin or Adium to see if this particular agent has issues receiving dialog events. Also check in the webservices logs to see that the event is being sent.

Thanx,

Denise

poonam.menon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Denise,

The jabberwerx connection is established when the user signs in.I had made a mistake saying earlier that it tracks the states as well.It does not track the agent states as well.The finese api's gets executed.Even I receive the call when I try to make it.But  jabber services are not responding,thus I am not able to capture the response.Is there any service of jabber that needs to be invoked for this purpose?

Thank you,

Poonam

Hi,

Did you make sure to connect after signing in?

//Connect to BOSH connection.

_jwClient.connect(jid, _password, jwArgs);

Other than that, there isn't anything else that needs to be done to get the events.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi,

Yes Denise.I had connected to BOSH server using   _jwClient.connect and I have been receiving notification when user sign in.That is the only response that I obtained from jabber.

Regards,

Poonam

Then you should get the events.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: