Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest flow and non-uniq guest user's e-mail/phone number

cMiCrhot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everybody!

We are implementing guest flow with self-registered guest users on ISE 2.1.

Guest users are redirected to our Self-Registered Guest Portal. On the portal users are able to successfully add new guest accounts. It works like a charm.

But during our test we discovered that we were able to create several guest user accounts with non uniq e-mail addresses and phone numbers. Actually all our test users have the same e-mail and phone.

The question - is it possible to deny such possibility? I.e. all guest user accounts have to have uniq e-mail address and uniq phone numbers.

I've checked the documentation and not able find solution for it. Only one possible way is to use sponsored guest portal to allow sponsor user to check for uniqueness of e-mail address and phone number. But it is not desirable solution for the customer.

Is it possible with to achieve with Self-Registered Guest Portal?

With best regards,

Maxim Zimovets

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So you’re asking that I can only create 1 account using the same phone number or email address?

Example create guest account 1 with joe@cisco.com<mailto:joe@cisco.com>

When I try to create guest account 2 with joe@cisco.com<mailto:joe@cisco.com> that it will fail

If that’s the case its not current capability. Please reach out to ISE-PM team for feature request.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So you’re asking that I can only create 1 account using the same phone number or email address?

Example create guest account 1 with joe@cisco.com<mailto:joe@cisco.com>

When I try to create guest account 2 with joe@cisco.com<mailto:joe@cisco.com> that it will fail

If that’s the case its not current capability. Please reach out to ISE-PM team for feature request.

Yes, Jason, I need to check guest user account e-mail/phone and not allow creation of 2 accounts with the same e-mail/phones.

Thank you for confirmation of my thoughts.

Maxim

You could probably achieve this by making the email address or phone number the user name.

Good point thanks, this might be a workaround

replace the phone with email, unfortunately it wouldn't work for both

ISE Guest Self-Registration phone number as the username

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: