cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to implement ECE CHAT

kirti.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I want to implement eGain ECE CHAT & Email featues in Custom Agent Desktop(  Finesse UCCE 11.5)

Our custom Agent Desktop is developed in .Net (C#) using Finesse REST APIs. I am able to login into finesse through.

We have added ECE chat and Email gadget in finesse Agent Desktop. Its working fine with finesse Agent Desktop. I want to implement same in  my custom application and not getting a way to start. I am confused with following points.

1. In finesse Agent Desktop login into eGain ECE  is handled internally. Now if I use FINESSE LOGIN REST API in my custom application,how the login into eGain ECE will be handled?

How to Login In eGain ECE CHAT & Email by the means of the REST APIs,it is possible to login into that gadget.

If i able to  login then which REST APIs i have to use to make Agent avialable for eGain ECE CHAT & Email to  receive and send Chat messages and Email  

9 Replies 9

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ECE does not have any APIs itself and leverages existing Finesse APIs. I am not very familiar with the code of the ECE chat and email gadget as it was written by eGain. So, my response is based off of my knowledge of Finesse.

In 11.5, Finesse added Task Routing/Media APIs (which is related to email and chat). Here, there are APIs (Media APIs) to sign in, sign out, change state, etc for the media. This is probably what you need for both the login and change state.

I would reach out to eGain for better support since they were the authors of the gadget.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks  Denise,

I have 2 questions could you provide your inputs on those:-

Qusetion 1.  I have checked the Media APIs but facing a problem in that i have called the below mentioned URI:-

URI: http://<FQDN>/finesse/api/User/<id>/Media/<mrdId>

HTTP Method:-PUT

HTTP Request:-

<Media>

<maxDialogLimit>10</maxDialogLimit>

<state>LOGIN</state>

<interruptAction>ACCEPT</interruptAction>

<dialogLogoutAction>CLOSE</dialogLogoutAction>

</Media>

HTTP Response:-202: Successfully Accepted

but still when i am calling the  below url

URI: http://<FQDN>/finesse/api/User/<id>/Media/<mrdId>

HTTP Method:- GET

It is showing  its state as LOGOUT only.

not able to understand why.

Do i missing something in that?

Question 2.If somehow i am able to use the Media APIs then  from where i can get chats and email feedsand where i have to show that chat or email to finesse Agent

In that case do i have to design the User Interface for chat and Email?

Hi Kirti,

Question 1.

For the Finesse APIs, most of them have Asynchronous errors. What that means is that you will get a HTTP response of 202 to indicate that the request has been received. To view the response from the system, you will need to get the notifications that are sent to the user. Most likely when you are making the PUT request, it is actually giving you an error, hence the LOGOUT with the GET.

Take a look at the Finesse webservices logs to see what is the notification response and that will tell you what the problem is.

Question 2.

Finesse doesn't actually have the data from the chat and email feed. I am not sure where the ECE gadget gets it from. You would need to talk directly with eGain.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise for your quick and valuable inputs.

You were correct there is Asynchronous errors which is creating problem this is the error:-

<apiErrors>

<apiError>

<errorData>27</errorData>

<errorMedia>5001</errorMedia>

<errorMessage>E_ARM_STAT_LOGIN_NOT_ALLOWED_FOR_APP_PATH</errorMessage>

<errorType>Login not allowed for this app path</errorType>

</apiError>

</apiErrors>

How do i can resole this please suggest?

and about my  question 2.  then please suggest how can i implement ECE gadget in my custom Agent Desktop

Thanks

Kirti Kumar

Hi,

For the error, Are you sure this agent belongs to that Media? Do a Media - Get List for that user and make sure that this media Id is listed. The error seems to imply that this agent doesn't have permissions to log into that media id.

For #2, you need to talk to eGain, they wrote the gadget.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Good Day

As per  your inputs i have checked Media - Get List this response I getting which shows that user belongs to that media

<MediaList>

<Media>

<description></description>

<dialogLogoutAction>CLOSE</dialogLogoutAction>

<id>5001</id>

<interruptAction>IGNORE</interruptAction>

<interruptible>true</interruptible>

<maxDialogLimit>0</maxDialogLimit>

<name>ECE_Email_Inbound_MRD</name>

<reasonCodeId>-1</reasonCodeId>

<state>LOGOUT</state>

<stateChangeTime></stateChangeTime>

<uri>/finesse/api/User/12345/Media/5001</uri>

</Media>

</MediaList>

What could be my next step to overcome this difficulty.

Please provide your valuable inputs by which we may  achieve solution of this difficulty

Please Suggest

Thanks & Regards

Kirti Kumar

Hi Kirti,

According to documentation here: Errors for Agent State and Mode Changes, the error you are getting has a description of:

The MRD and peripheral specified in the agent login request are not members of the application path associated with the Finesse server that sent the request.

Just to make sure, when you are trying to login, you are using the URI: /finesse/api/User/12345/Media/5001?

You may want to take at the Finesse webservices logs to see if there is any further information that will help in debugging.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise ,

Good Day

Thanks for your valuable inputs I will ask my CCE Engineer to make the desirable  changes in the configuration .

If still I faces difficulty I will again  reach out to you.

Is it possible for you to contact  egain for ECE API that will be a Great Help.I will also try from my side

Thanks & Regards

Kirti Kumar

Hi Kirti,

Unfortunately, I do not have contacts to eGain as I do not work with them directly.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: