cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

anyone doing zero-touch automation for new hires?

alangfor
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at products like prime collab provision, and some 3rd party suites for new hire automation in CUCM/CUXN/LDAP. None of the products seem to address the need to assign a DID/ext (which takes time). And none of the products are designed to run in an unattended fashion and an admin still has to go to a webpage and enter in some info to get user assets built.

Are there any zero-touch automation programs out there that can take new hire workflow from an API like servicenow, and perform all the configuration tasks (phone, jabber, voicemail, user groups, active directory, etc...) without any intervention and without a new interface to worry about?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There may be an off-the-shelf or even custom program out there, but I'm not aware of them.  You could write it yourself, though, with the use of SOAP and AXL, etc. and integrate that into your new hire software.  I know it has been done before. 

smiller1
Level 1
Level 1

Aaron,

Give Tools4ever a call.  They specialize in what you're looking for.  http://tools4ever.com/

Decniner
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a similar solution. Any luck on finding one?

Thanks to all for the replies. To answer your question Denver, I had actually just written my own zero-touch deployment software around the time of my posting a few months ago. I only tried to research other products as a way of understanding what the value might be. Turns out nobody has a decent autoprovisioning software since they all do a few really terrible things like adding even more management interfaces into my environment, and ignoring DN/DID selection as a part of the user setup.

In the few months I've been running our autoprovision it has configured thousands of users. Handles the DN assignment, deskphone, Jabber, voicemail box, Oracle and Active Directory, as well as the servicenow workflow. Zero-touch, just routinely executed via cron.

Aaron,

I'd be interested in reviewing what you built if you have time or willing. I see a real hole in the market for a good tool like this. Please let me know.

Thanks

Chris