Views
Helpful
Replies

Not all options are pulled from template when creating a new meeting

lyalchenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are working with WebEX using XML API. The goal is to give users ability to create WebEX meetings inside our application.

We want to use meeting templates, because there is plenty of options in WebEX, but all meeting will be created with 1-2 predefined sets of options.

We find out, that option "Let anyone with a host account on this site host my meeting" is not pulled from template when meeting is created via API. It does work, if we create a meeting in UI, but it is always unchecked, if we create meeting via API. Other options like Audio Conference Settings or Attendee Privileges work fine, so template is applied.

Sample xml for creating event:

<body>

<bodyContent xsi:type="java:com.webex.service.binding.meeting.CreateMeeting">

<schedule><startDate>04/19/2017 09:00:00</startDate><duration>7</duration><timeZoneID>20</timeZoneID></schedule><metaData><confName>Test Create Training</confName><sessionTemplate><use>test1</use></sessionTemplate></metaData></bodyContent>

</body>

Is this a bug in XML API?

Is there any workaround to set option "Let anyone with a host account on this site host my meeting"?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

In situations like this I suggest you create the meeting configured as you desire with the WebUI, then perform an API GetMeeting request against that meeting.. then you can use the options returned to configure a similar meeting via CreateMeeting.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

In situations like this I suggest you create the meeting configured as you desire with the WebUI, then perform an API GetMeeting request against that meeting.. then you can use the options returned to configure a similar meeting via CreateMeeting.

Ryan Hunt,

Thank you for advice. I trapped that option, it's called "allowAnyoneHostMeeting". It is not metioned in documentation, I've found description only in release notes for a certain version of API. Anyway it is a workaround that can be implemented.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: