Views
Helpful
Replies

Waiting for Task-Service to come up

Chris Capasso
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We installed APIC-EM 1.4 last week and started doing some initial discovery and testing with it.  When logging in today, it has been stuck at "waiting for Task-Service to come up" all day.  I've tried rebooting the VM, and even gave it more memory (it has 64Gb RAM, 12 CPU and 500GB HDD). 

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Capasso
Level 4
Level 4

FYIW, I was able to fix via:

"./bin/reset_grapevine" and say "N" to the prompts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Capasso
Level 4
Level 4

FYIW, I was able to fix via:

"./bin/reset_grapevine" and say "N" to the prompts.

Was that 1.4.0 or 1.4.1 that you installed.

The seems like someone powered off/on the VM?  Would that be possible?

If the controller is not shutdown gracefully, you might need to reset_grapevine.

Adam

Version 1.4.1.

It is possible someone powered off/on the VM.  I came back from Vacation and it was stuck.  After doing the reset it worked again.

That is most logical explanation.

If you run the "uptime" command on the grapevine CLI that will tell you how long the VM has been up for.

adam

if its not working you should go (in gui or cli) and manually grow instance to the "task-service"

int gui you can do it from the controller development 

spurcell2
Level 1
Level 1

This worked.  Only drawback is the reset cleared my upgrade history.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community