cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to read response header "Location" while creating a task using Task Routing API 11.5 PCCE

rizwan.mahmood
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a task using https://developer.cisco.com/site/task-routing/docs/apis/create-tasks/.I am using Cisco SandBox. It creates task properly. Shows the response header in browser

response

when tries to access from JS code, it returns null against "Location".

Do I need to do any configuration for this inside PCCE?

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rizwan,

I assume you are using the DevNet PCCE 11.5 sandbox.

Since you can see the location in the response headers via the browser, The information should be there via JavaScript. I don't believe that there is any additional configuration needed.

How are you accessing the location via JavaScript? I would suggest using the browser's developer tool and put a breakpoint to see what data the object has. Then this way you would know if it is in the header and a matter of using the right utilities to get the data.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise for your response. I have gone through the documentation of javascript and its libraries and they mentioned that "Location" and some other attributes of response header are not available by default, in response. In order to make them available, one needs to do some setting on API side.

Now instead of using javascript for calling this API, I am using c# and it works fine there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: