cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find key pair generated by CCM to have direct access to VM?

asilvajr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Folks,

Looking for information regarding key pair created by CCM on Cloud such as Openstack or AWS for instance.

Following question about this topic:

1 - Key pair usually is being created by CCM for Openstack and AWS Clouds. How can I extract .PEM file from CCM to have direct access to VM through SSH CLI?

2 - By default, CCM created key pair's name as "cliqr-user-key_X" where X should be for my understanding userid on CCM. Is that right?

Thanks,

Adilson

2 Replies 2

micdavi3
Level 1
Level 1

Adilson, the SSH keys used to deploy the VMs are unique per user and per cloud region. A given user's SSH keys for all regions can be pulled from the API:

https://{{ccm}}/v1/users/{{userId}}/keys

You will then need to look for the key that goes with the region of your deployment.

For your second question, yes, the x in cliqr-user-key-x is their CloudCenter user id.

See this page for more:

View User's Keys - API - CloudCenter Docs

Michael

tuanngu4
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adilson,

Please read this document to find my responses to your questions. Please provide feedback where appropriate: CloudCenter Core Fundamentals: Obtaining a user's private key

Tuan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: