cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy Service Profile from template via PowerTool using Advanced SP Naming Convention

When deploying a Service Profile from a Template in UCS Central you can specify the "Advanced" option in the Service Profile Naming Convention.  This allows you to create Service Profiles and specify where to start numbering  and how many digits to use in the numbering scheme.  This is extremely useful in our environment.  I'm trying to find a way to automate this process via Cisco PowerTool, however it seems that the advanced naming conventions aren't options in the PowerTool commandlet:  Add-UcsCentralServiceProfileFromTemplate

Ideas would be greatly helpful.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rbakri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This feature should be included in the next release of UCS Central powertools, have a look at CSCve45888.

I would suggest using the simple mode of creating the SP from Template and then renaming it.

Get-UcsCentralServiceProfile -name $sp_template | Add-UcsCentralServiceProfileFromTemplate -DestinationOrg (Get-UcsCentralOrg -Level root) -NamePrefix $sp_name -Count 4

Get-UcsCentralOrg -Level root | Get-UcsCentralOrg -Name "root" -LimitScope | Get-UcsCentralServiceProfile -Name $sp_name | Rename-UcsCentralServiceProfile -NewName $new_sp_name

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rbakri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This feature should be included in the next release of UCS Central powertools, have a look at CSCve45888.

I would suggest using the simple mode of creating the SP from Template and then renaming it.

Get-UcsCentralServiceProfile -name $sp_template | Add-UcsCentralServiceProfileFromTemplate -DestinationOrg (Get-UcsCentralOrg -Level root) -NamePrefix $sp_name -Count 4

Get-UcsCentralOrg -Level root | Get-UcsCentralOrg -Name "root" -LimitScope | Get-UcsCentralServiceProfile -Name $sp_name | Rename-UcsCentralServiceProfile -NewName $new_sp_name

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card