cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PNP Error

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I am back trying to find out why my PNP job's in the projects panel of the APIC-EM dashboard are showing this error:

Received response from pnp agent for message correlatorId: CiscoPnP-1.0-34-279-3C1CD910-34 but with error code : ZTD_CMD_ERROR Response String: PERMISSION_DENIED:authorization failed

I have tried it with and without a username and password to the bulk upload file and the configurations/image seems to get deployed to the switch just fine.  Adam or anybody else is there a know reason for this error?  I have been googling for it but haven't found anything useful yet.

Is it safe to ignore and move on?  I am i missing something like a cert?    I am using the latest APIC-EM build with basically a base PNP configuration.

The hardware are 3650/3850 switches

Any suggestions or input is welcomed and I am happy to post my results to help the community.

John Palmason

3 Replies 3

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

I am embarrassed to say that I have posted this error before a few moths back and didn't remember as I got busy with other projects.  Adam has answered the question but I wonder why it hasn't been fixed with the new release.

here is the link to the forum post that answers this question:

https://communities.cisco.com/message/228837#228837

John Palmason

Hi John,

what version of IOS are you running on the switches?

The fix requires IOS support as well as APIC-EM.

Adam

From the PnP release notes:

AAA device credential support. The AAA credentials are passed to the device securely and the password is not logged. This feature allows provisioning a device with a configuration that contains aaa authorization commands. This feature requires software release IOS 15.6(3)M1, IOS XE 16.3.2, or IOS XE 16.4 or later on the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community