Views
Helpful
Replies

PnP AAA username format

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

When editing the device details of a pre-provisioned switch which has AAA authorization commands in its template I must provide credentials. The username which I am using is suffixed '.gen'. APIC-EM complains that this is an invalid username due to the presence of the full-stop character.

I've tried enclosing it in quotes, double-quotes, guessing at escape characters which might work, but I can't find any combination which will take the username.

Any ideas how to get around this?

cheers,

Seb.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Seb,

I looked and this is blocked at the API layer... so no way around it at present.

I have asked why we are blocking this, when it can be configured from cli.  Did you want to "make a wish" for this too?

Adam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Seb,

I looked and this is blocked at the API layer... so no way around it at present.

I have asked why we are blocking this, when it can be configured from cli.  Did you want to "make a wish" for this too?

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the confirmation. It is a bit strange that I can use the same username with the '.gen' suffix as the CLI username in the discovery process. That bit of the code must have been written by a different member of the team!

I'll send a wish now...

cheers,

Seb.

There is one workaround.

If you have the ".gen" as the first username in the APIC-EM discovery, then it will be used by default to discover the device.

You can use my EEM script workaround to handle the "aaa authorisation" issue.

Network Automation with Plug and Play (PnP) – Part 7

Not perfect, but would allow you to progress until we fix the pnp username.

Adam