Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Permissions on System Collections

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

CUIC 11.5 ES03 with UCCE

UCCE integration drives the Supervisors and the System Collections through the nightly synchronization job. The problem for me is the permissions on the Agent collections created using the Team Name are automatically assigned based on whether the user (a Supervisor) is assigned in UCCE to monitor the Team.

When we have multiple PGs spanning a business group and the Supervisor lives on one PG, they cannot use the Collections on another PG. Also, we have Manager people who are not even in UCCE that we want to be able to use the System Collections.

As the Super User I go to Permissions and select System Collections, choose one, and the button to Set Permissions is greyed out. Does not matter if I go through a Group or an individual user. I cannot seem to be able to let a wider set of users see and use the Collections.

I have worked around this with a custom Value List and set of Collections, but should it work?

Regards,

Geoff

2 Replies 2

rajagkri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You probably do not need a custom value list. You can still go and add custom collections under the Agents (or any other) stock value list. It should work.

The team collections sync'ed via user sync process are protected so that the system has full control over them. If you assign other users permissions to such collections, the system will be unable to handle certain team config changes automatically.

Regards,
Raj

Thanks for responding. I opened a support case and received confirmation from TAC that this is not possible.

In my case I did need a new Value List because I wanted a customized Collection SQL query based on Team membership and then I created the set of Team collections using that query. Could not see another way to do it with the existing Agent Value List.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: