cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC EM disovery failed

barounimarwa
Level 1
Level 1

hello i have configured 3 routers with snmp and the three routers are not in the same network when i do discovery after configuring credentials and snmpv2 apic is only able to detect the router which is in the same network as it . for the others, it is not able to detect them however ping is reachable from routers to apic and from apic to routers! what is the issue ? it is written device with ip 192.168.3.254 and 192.168.2.254 are ping reachable cli validation failed ? the address of apic is 192.168.1.80 ! what to do ?

8 Replies 8

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Can you enable IP Device Tracking  for the discovery. Please check out this  - APIC not discovering hosts in campus environment

Also please mention which version of APIC-EM are you using?

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Geevarghese,

the issue seems to be with routers, not hosts?

i have configured the credentials for admin the same as it is configured on the device (it is the same in the three routers so example  i configured admin privilege 15 password 0 pwd in apic i just enter the name admin password pwd and enable pasword for example pwd ! how i can i ssh to devices ?

By default APIC-EM only supports sshv2 (not version 1).

You can check ssh access from a terminal window.  ssh user@device, where 'user' is the username and device is your router IP address.

here are instructions for configuring sshv2 on cisco router. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/secure-shell-ssh/4145-ssh.html#sshvvs

hi i'm working with apic em version 1.3.3.126 and yes i'm talking about routers

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to have the correct credentials for the device.  If APIC-EM says the device is ping reachable, and CLI validation failed, it means that APIC-EM does not have the right credentials to ssh to the device.

Can you ssh to the device from APIC-EM?  Are those credentials (username/password) part of the discovery job?

Adam

i have configured the credentials for admin the same as it is configured on the device (it is the same in the three routers so example  i configured admin privilege 15 password 0 pwd in apic i just enter the name admin password pwd and enable pasword for example pwd ! how i can i ssh to devices ?