cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know possible values for "product" in addDefaultDeviceProfile request?

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I want to list the possible values for "product" in "addDefaultDeviceProfile" request but I do not found how to get this.

The SQL request "SELECT distinct tp.name FROM ProductSupportsFeature psf join typeproduct tp on psf.tkproduct = tp.enum WHERE tkSupportsFeature = 9 order by tp.name" has almost the correct list but some values such as "Cisco 7905", "Cisco VXC 6215", "Universal Device Template" are returned while they are not in the expected list.

So what is the correct way to have the possible values for "product" in "addDefaultDeviceProfile" request?

Regards,

Fabien

6 Replies 6

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabien,

Why are those products unexpected in the results?  Excuse my ignorance, but what is Feature 9?

Hi Nick,

The Feature 9 is for "Extension Mobility".

In fact I compare the values given on CUCM Administration view when I create a Default Device Profile and the result of the SQL request. The values "Cisco 7905", "Cisco VXC 6215", "Universal Device Template" are in the result of the SQL request while they are not in the drop down list when I create a Default Device Profile in the CUCM administration view.

Regards,

Fabien

I think you have to factor devicefeaturemember into the query in order to filter out devices that don't support a feature.  I haven't come up with an example, but check the data dictionary on that table. 

On the CUCM servers that I use for the tests, the table "devicefeaturemember" is empty.

Hmmm.... I'll have to ask around to see what I missed.

Straight from the AXL engineers:

Best way is to further expand the query and exclude the products which you don't want in the output.

example:

SELECT distinct tp.name FROM ProductSupportsFeature psf join typeproduct tp on psf.tkproduct = tp.enum WHERE tkSupportsFeature = 9 and psf.tkproduct not in ('xxx','xxx','xxx') psf.tkmodel not in ('yyy','yyy','yyy') order by tp.name

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: