cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I discover which ROUTE_POINT devices go with which skill groups?

JohnPulley
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to download information on skill groups and I want to include the DNIS number for the ROUTE_POINT of each skill group. I don't see any way to associate the ROUTE_POINT DNIS number from the CONFIG_DEVICE_EVENT to a skill group from a CONFIG_SKILL_GROUP_EVENT.  So while I have a complete list of DNIS numbers for skill groups from the CONFIG_DEVICE_EVENT, there doesn't seem to be anyway to use them.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dreich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, I don't know that this is easily queried. It's not available from the CTI Server protocol interface.

You can try monitoring the CTI Server config events for dialed numbers, call types, and skill groups, but I don't think it's going to tell you what you need.

The CCE internal connectivity is based on Dialed Number maps to Call Type maps to Script. While the Dialed Number and Script have intuitive meaning, the Call Type is an aabstract internal config/reporting object in CCE. The Call Type reports give a customer view of aggregate activity, whereas skill group reports on aggregate agent performance for a given resource group.

In the routing script, you graphically drag and drop scripting nodes to play prompts and collect digits on the IVR, and route to skill groups. Like, you'd configure a queue to skill group node, and it can route to one or more skill groups (or PQs). If you're targeting agents on multiple peripherals, you'd have at least one skill group for each peripheral, or one PQ since it routes enterprise resource targeting agents across multiple peripherals.

The Dialed Number and Call Typ and Script mapping can be determined by doing doing some SQL/JDBC queries against the Admin Workstation config database. But the script itself is stored as a blob of data that is more or less indecipherable.

You can export specific scripts into a text format that you might be able to make sense out of.

After the fact, the Route and Termination call detail records will contain information about what Dialed Number was used in the route request, and the skill group selected. There'll be a bunch of these records around.

But all in all, I don't think you can get what you're looking for.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dreich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, I don't know that this is easily queried. It's not available from the CTI Server protocol interface.

You can try monitoring the CTI Server config events for dialed numbers, call types, and skill groups, but I don't think it's going to tell you what you need.

The CCE internal connectivity is based on Dialed Number maps to Call Type maps to Script. While the Dialed Number and Script have intuitive meaning, the Call Type is an aabstract internal config/reporting object in CCE. The Call Type reports give a customer view of aggregate activity, whereas skill group reports on aggregate agent performance for a given resource group.

In the routing script, you graphically drag and drop scripting nodes to play prompts and collect digits on the IVR, and route to skill groups. Like, you'd configure a queue to skill group node, and it can route to one or more skill groups (or PQs). If you're targeting agents on multiple peripherals, you'd have at least one skill group for each peripheral, or one PQ since it routes enterprise resource targeting agents across multiple peripherals.

The Dialed Number and Call Typ and Script mapping can be determined by doing doing some SQL/JDBC queries against the Admin Workstation config database. But the script itself is stored as a blob of data that is more or less indecipherable.

You can export specific scripts into a text format that you might be able to make sense out of.

After the fact, the Route and Termination call detail records will contain information about what Dialed Number was used in the route request, and the skill group selected. There'll be a bunch of these records around.

But all in all, I don't think you can get what you're looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: