Views
Helpful
Replies

getFromAddress() format

paulbibby
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

when a call comes in, I want to make a request to an external API with the caller's number, which I plan to get using dialog.getFromAddress()

Will this appear in E164 format prefixed with a plus? As I'm developing in a sandbox environment I just the see Jabber agent extension I'm using for testing.

Also, what will be returned on withheld calls?

Thanks,

Paul

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

That is a good question. I will need to get my hands on a system that has E164 to try it out myself.

As for the withheld calls, I do not know if this can be simulated to see the output. Finesse gets this information from UCCX, so it depends on what UCCX returns back.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Well, that was faster than I expected.

I reproduced the scenario and can confirm that the fromAddress will appear in E164 format prefixed with a plus:

<fromAddress>+8675309</fromAddress>

Unfortunately, I don't know how to simulate the withheld scenario. My guess would be that it is either an empty tag or null/NULL. Maybe you can code for all those possibilities?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi all,

forgot to mention that for withheld calls in production dialog.getFromAddress() was giving 'anonymous'.

Thanks,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: