Views
Helpful
Replies

CallerId from Computer

frandominguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Is there any simple way to get the CallerId from my computer? I have a Cisco IP Phone but I have no idea about doing it.

Best Regards

3 Replies 3

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Need more info on what you are trying to do. Are you trying to display the caller info on your computer? This can be done by writing an application using Cisco JTAPI API. JTAPI developer guide is a good starting point. Cisco JTAPI supports JTAPI 1.2 specification. You can look up for JTAPI 1.2 specification and get a understanding on JTAPI call model and play with JTAPI sample applications to get an understanding on API capabilities.

Hello

I need to make a software that detects a new call and gets the caller phone number. Any example available?

Best regards.

There is JTrace sample application that shows the call activity and prints out the caller and other info. You can probably start with it and expand it to your need. JTrace is part of Cisco JTAPI install which can be downloaded from CUCM admin (After login to CUCM admin, click on Application->Plugins and look for Cisco JTAPI).  HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: