Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom report when upgrading CUIC

nicolo.bonafede
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have to upgrade Cisco UCCE infrastructure from 9.0 to 11.5. I know that I have to install some intermediate vesions.

Btw, I'm worried about CUIC and many custom report I have built during years. In the CUIC installation guide FAQ, it is written:

How is data handled during an upgrade?

Data migration occurs during an upgrade installation. This includes the database, configuration properties,

and licensing files. See Where is an upgrade installation installed?.

I know that to upgrade to CUIC 10.5 and then to CUIC 11.5, in fact:

To perform an upgrade of Unified Intelligence Center to 11.5(1), you must first perform an upgrade to

10.x from the previous versions and then upgrade to 11.5(1).

Anyway it is not clear if (since UCCE DB schema will change a lot between 9.0 and 11.5), than custom reports will work after upgrade.

Will the "CUIC upgrading file" analyzes custom reports and make proper changes to them? Or, should I analyze and make changes myself manually ?

Thanks in advance for any answer and support.

Nico

2 Replies 2

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Nicolo,

I don;t believe the upgrade process will 'check' your custom reports.

So you need to test afterwards.

Having said that they should all work, unless you are referencing Half Hour tables and not Interval tables.

Half Hour View (which pointed to interval) got removed I think in 11.5??

If you are, you likely need to change this.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry,

in the meanwhile i have found this on CUIC Reporting customization guide:

Importing a report to a different version of Unified Intelligence Center is not supported. However, when you upgrade Unified Intelligence Center, report templates continue to work in the upgraded version

It seems that report templates will be migrated. But I think this is valid only for default report, not  for custom reports. Do you agree?

thanks again

Nico

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: