cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about Web service element.

vincent.zheng
Level 4
Level 4

I am using Call Studio 10.5, and in my sample web service call, the response should be like this

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<soap:Body>

<ns2:getPurchaseTrxDetailResponse xmlns:ns2="http://esb.mls.com">

<Result>true</Result>

<Message>Success</Message>

<MerchantName>ARBRASKA # TREETOP TRE   , ARBRASKA &amp; TREETOP TRE   , Brench.</MerchantName>

</ns2:getPurchaseTrxDetailResponse>

</soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

Now in my IVR diagram, I using web service element to call my sample web service, and using element data named "merchantName" to catch the MerchantName part on the response xml. When I debug the call flow, the response_xml is return as expected.

But when I try to use the element data call "merchantName", it only give me "ARBRASKA # TREETOP TRE   , ARBRASKA ", why this happen? I think it should give me "ARBRASKA # TREETOP TRE   , ARBRASKA &amp; TREETOP TRE   , Brench."

How I gonna fixed this?

Thanks for the help

2 Replies 2

bilenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vincent,

This could be some specific issues with the application,

Did you try removing the "ARBRASKA &amp" and see if the trailing informations are coming ?

Do you see similar issues whenever use use &amp ?

-Bikram

Hi Bikrama,

If I removing "ARBRASKA &amp" in my web service response, then everything is good.

However, the full record for that should be "ARBRASKA &amp; TREETOP TRE"

Currently the way I  get that record is, use the session data response_xml, then use java class to find out open tag and close tag, take out the information, and assign back to data... It works fine.. but little bit inconvenience

Any other good suggestion?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: