cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen Pop\Alert when Finesse Agent goes into "Not Ready" State

bstudebaker
Level 1
Level 1

I feel like this should be pretty simple to do, I have some users who are requesting to be alerted that they went into a "Not Ready" state due to a missed call.

Has anyone done this before or something similar?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Bill

9 Replies 9

tmccain0825
Level 1
Level 1

Bill,

2Ring can accomplish this with our GADGETS for Cisco Finesse by utilizing our Toast Notifications / Alerts. For more information please feel free to contact me tmccain@2ring.com.

Thank you,

Tom McCain

www.2ring.com

Esto
Level 1
Level 1

I did this with CAD so I am sure you can do it natively through Finesse

Screen Pops are configured with the Workflows. Hopefully this helps.

Cisco Finesse: How to Create a Screen-Pop Workflow - Cisco

Ya i can see where you can do it in CAD but i think they took all that out with Finesse and made everything go to "gadgets" which you have to code.....like the comment above yours, already know about 2ring i was just trying to find something for free....to me it should be a native setting not an add on

Look at that whitepaper I posted. That should give you a start. Lots of good resources online. I was able to configure all the gadgets I needed, I just don't have a need for the "not ready" screen pop yet. But it is a great feature especially when an Agent misses a call. 

I kinda looked at workflows, i think i need a Custom condition, no idea how to do that but i guess i need to do more digging.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

You would have to build a custom gadget for that scenario. There isn't a gadget currently out there (that I know of), but you can use one of these samples to get started: https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/#sample-gadgets

I would suggest looking at the screen pop sample gadget. You would need to do the following logic:

1. Every time the agent's state change, store it in a variable. This becomes the previous state.

2. In handleUserChange, which contains the user's new state, see if the previous state is RESERVED and the new state is NOT_READY. When an agent misses a call, they should be going from RESERVED -> NOT_READY. In this if condition, you would want to screen pop/alert.

I hope this helps.

Thanx,

Denise

did anyone have a gadget built for this specific request.  i have the same problem.  looking for a way to do a screen pop when an agent it forced to not ready after missing a call.  

Can you share the steps with me for CIsco CAD user  . I have Cisco CAD users i am looking to enable the Screen Pop\Alert when CAD Agent goes into "Not Ready" State

Hi,

Are you talking about the thick client "Cisco Agent Desktop"? CAD has been EOL since 2018.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: