Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Make it more fun

Hi,

As a heavy Slack user I miss a bit of fun in Spark. I see the advantages for larger teams to use Spark, but it's appeal isn't there (yet).

Some very simple basics:

- A good integration with Giphy (where you can select it yourself, don't see someone chat to a bot first)

- Easy access to Emoji
- Different color schemes

- Automated recognition of URLs to get a preview

- Easy image cropping when uploading

- @-mentions

- (Threading)

I'm convinced this would help to get people from shadow IT Slack to the environment of Spark.

Btw, is this forum actually checked by the development team? And is there any openness on the roadmap? I think if you want to compete with Slack and the like it's important to adopt a different mindset and transparency in development. Microsoft does a great job for that with VSTS: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/articles/news/features-timeline

Cheers,

GAb

2 Replies 2

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have passed same feedback to also compare with Teams that supports this and also can be turned off by admin perspective. Spark features are best funneled through the feedback option through the client itself. Then enough folks send it in, it bubbles up the priority list

Threading is in the discussion already since if it not implemented it could cause issues

@Mentions is there now so I am not following

There are many more I want so yes would recommend submitting a feature request

I indeed missed the @mention feature. Will forward the feedback via their feedback button as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: