cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not receiving voice stream to recorder using CUCM 11.5 and TSP client

dustinschroeder
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to make a test call and receive all the call control blocks for that call containing the start, stop, and call details information.  When I look at the audio file though it is nothing but a blank file.  I do have the SIP trunk pointed to the correct location but still not receiving anything when I look at wireshark or my logs.  Please need assistance, can do a webex to show the set up.  Gentlemen that was helping is out for two weeks and unfortunately I can not wait that long.

Thank you

7 Replies 7

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dustin

A lot of our team is at a conference this week so prividing support is difficult. i can forward your request to others on the team.

Joe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

eublack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dustin,

As Joe indicated above, he is off-site at a conference. However, Joe has asked myself and my  colleague Craig Newman to investigate your reported issue. As a basic test we reserved a Collaboration 11.5, tested basic network functionality and accessibility. This seems fine but from your description, it appears to be a more specific issue related to call recording. Would it be possible to provide additional information to assist us with debug?

Kind regards,

Eugene Black

Eugene,

I have setup our recording server inside the sandbox because Joe was wondering if split tunnels was the issue.  I got the recording platform, that is using the Cisco TSP client, setup and running on Friday.  I am able to record a phone call and get the proper call direction, caller ID, and call duration.  When I go to play back the file though it is empty and when I look at our logs I see that I am receiving no RTP packets from the the system.  I did go back and check my SIP trunk to make sure it was pointed to the correct IP, which it was 10.10.20.100, and restarted everything one last time and I am still not receiving any type of voice traffic to the recorder from what I can see.

Hi Dustin,

As Eugene said, much of our team is off-site at Cisco Live US this week.  From your description, no RTP packets would seem to be the underlying issue of why the recording is empty.  A couple of thoughts that may help:

• It sounds like your using two SIP endpoints and sending them both through the VPN connection?
  • You can run Wireshark on the 10.10.20.100 machine and verify RTP packet content
  • You can setup SIP endpoints on the 10.10.20.100 machine to avoid routing the RTP through the VPN

If you have Cisco TAC support, you may also consider opening a ticket with them to get dedicated support.  My knowledge of this specific lab is limited, but you can continue to post additional questions here and we'll do our best to help.

Regards,

Craig

Craig and everyone,

• I am using 2 SIP endpoints that both talk thru the VPN to make calls and they do make calls correctlly.
  • I am not receiving any SIP or RTP packets from the CUCM to the 10.10.20.100 machine or my other machine that was being used thru the VPN tunnel.
  • I am using a CTI connection thru the TSP Client that installed on the .100 machine.

I have tried using TAC before but because it was in sandbox they did not help me.  Please let me know my next steps if it is going back to TAC I will need to know how to get ahold of them and what to tell them.  If you are able to help me that would be great.

thank you,

Hi Dustin,

I understand Joe was previously working with you and he may be able to continue to assist upon his return.  TAC should be able to assist if you have a valid service contract.  I don't recommend opening as a critical issues rather an issue in a test environment.  You can share your lab with TAC to evaluate the issue.  You can reach TAC at 1-800-553-2447 and explain the issue.

It's still not clear to me that RTP packets are making it through the firewall tunnel.  You may want to try a Wireshark capture within the lab to prove this true or false.

Regards,

Craig

Hello Justin,

I notice that you are not receiving any SIP or RTP packets from CUCM (10.10.20.2) to 10.10.20.100 (Windows 2012 server). If that is correct, I booked a reservation and checked Firewall configuration on Windows 2012 server. It seems like, it permits SIP signalling on TCP port 5060 but when I tried a port with RTP CUCM port range - 24576-32767/UDP, it does not establish. See enclosed screen capture:

In order to eliminate, if it is Firewall related I would book another reservation, disable Firewall on 10.10.20.100 (Windows 2012) and retest. If you still experience same issue I'll need to look at packet capture to ascertain root cause.

Regards,

Eugene Black