Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Call Queue

vsharma01111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to get number of calls waiting in a Hunt Pilot. I have enabled "setHuntListEnabled" feature and been getting hunt pilot creation event and based on that i am creating queue calls.Everything works fine including calls events, dnd etc as long as the users in the group are free and able to take calls.

The issue is i get "CiscoHuntConnCreatedEv" only when users in the group are free or able to take call but when all the users of the group are busy and the next call comes in it goes to queue at this time i do not get any event at all and as a result i cant keep track of queued calls. I believe when all the devices of the group are busy and then next call is forwarded to hunt pilot which throws "CiscoHuntConnCreatredEv" only against the free extensions. If this is the case then is there any way where i can get event as soon call comes to a gateway or any time call is made or received.

If its not possible through JTAPI is there any other way please to get this information.

Many thanks

Kind regards,

Vikas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In general, it is not possible to directly monitor the hunt pilots using CTI.  The hunt support in CTI is as you describe: focused on stuff that happens once a hunt-target device is involved in an incoming call.

AFAIK the only work-around would be to implement your own 'hunt group' ACD-like functionality in your app, i.e. by using CTI Route Points and CTI Ports.  This will involve some work, but gives you complete control of events and behaviour.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In general, it is not possible to directly monitor the hunt pilots using CTI.  The hunt support in CTI is as you describe: focused on stuff that happens once a hunt-target device is involved in an incoming call.

AFAIK the only work-around would be to implement your own 'hunt group' ACD-like functionality in your app, i.e. by using CTI Route Points and CTI Ports.  This will involve some work, but gives you complete control of events and behaviour.

Thanks for the reply. I had tried with CTI route point which gives full control but i am not being allowed to use this, Now in addition to JTAPI i am using SOAP API to get queue information.

Thanks

Vikas

Hi,

Can you share which SOAP API you are using to monitor the queue information?

I have an upcoming project that includes this as part of the requirements.

Thanks!

Robert 

I know this was a while ago, but do you have your soap example of monitor Hunt Call Queues?

derekcribbs
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone ever figure out how to monitor the Hunt Pilot Call Queue? Any help would be appreciated. I am currently using AXL to accomplish other tasks with CUCM, and even executeSQLQuery in some places... is this possible?

You should be able to monitor the simple number of calls currently waiting in Hunt List queues (and some other counters) with the Serviceability Perfmon API: https://developer.cisco.com/site/sxml/ , however I'm not aware of any API other than TAPI/JTAPI (C++/Java libraries, respectively) for getting full details (caller IDs, call arrival time/time waiting, etc.) of the calls in queue.

The 'perfmonPort_collect_session_data.py' sample in this Python-based project shows how to monitor using perfmon counters: CiscoDevNet/serviceability-python-zeep-samples 

If you use the Perfmon API and/or try by modifying the sample, the following details may be helpful:

• The Hunt List perfmon object is "Cisco Hunt Lists' and the available counters are:
    • CallsAbandoned
    • CallsActive
    • CallsBusyAttempts
    • CallsInProgress
    • CallsRingNoAnswer
    • HuntListInService
    • MembersAvailable
  • The object has instances, which will be the names of your Hunt Lists
  • An example counter path name: \\cucm-hostname\Cisco Hunt List(testHuntList)\CallsActive

Hello, can you please explain more about how to view Active Call using  \\cucm-hostname\Cisco Hunt List(testHuntList)\CallsActive

What is the correct path?

You can take a look at this sample for how to do it in Python: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/serviceability-python-zeep-samples/blob/master/perfmonPort_collect_session_data.py
The specific counter name/path is (note 'Cisco Hunt Lists' with an 's'), for example: \\cucm15\Cisco Hunt Lists(testHuntList)\CallsActive

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: