cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Built in DB element - Query syntax quesiton

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

I'm trying to use the build in call studio DB element.  When I execute the below query on my db, the ANI does not have single quotes around it.  The ANI column in my db table is a varchar.

Can someone please let me know what do I need to do in call studio query statement so when vxml app sends query to sql server it has single quotes around the ani. 

MY DB element query is   = Select * from ANI where ANI = {CallData.ANI}

According to sql analyzer query shows up on sql server as    'Select * from ANI where ANI = 2814441313'  (no single quotes around number)

Need it to show up on sql server as Select * from ANI where ANI = '2814441313'     (i.e singel quotes surrounding number).

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Amit Agni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you try using like below ::

Select * from ANI where ANI = \'2814441313\'

Are you still having trouble with this DB query?

I can't re-create this on my system. When I use single quotes in the

studio query, they come across as single quotes and work fine.

Are you calling a select statement, or calling a stored procedure? What

version of CVP and SqlServer are you using?

If it's a stored proc, can you try executing just a simple select

statement containing quotes and see if it works?

This would be a clue into what's wrong.

If it's a stored procedure, can you post the stored proc? And the table

schema you're working with?

Hi Janine

I deleted the database, re-added and the query with built in element is working every time now.

Thank you for our help.

regards

Daniel Dellinger │Executive Advisor - Telecommunications │' 480-391-4412 È 480-322-9528

│9501 E Shea Blvd., Mail Code 081, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.