Helpful
Replies

IOx Application Starts and Then Immediately stops

Justin Chin-You
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I think I've angered the IOx Gnomes.

I had a docker application deployed on an IR829. It fired up, life was great but the Application wasn't getting an IP from the Bridge Network DHCP.

I followed the steps here: No IP from bridge network on IOx

And that worked amazing. Now I'm getting IP Addresses. However, now when I tell the application to "Start" it attempts to start then it just stops and I can't for the life of me understand why.

I've tried, deactiving/reactivating, Un-Deploy/Re-Deploy and I just can't for the life of me figure out what happened to start causing tihs issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. - Tech Support attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Figured this one out. Turns out if your App starts and then immediately stops it's likely due to something erroring out. In my case it looks like when I modified the GOS and restarted it; it corrupted one of the libraries I was using.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of application are you running in the Docker?

For C app, as Docker type applications are not based on /sbin/init to make the container alive and to start the init scripts, you need to use some loop application which will run in the background to make the container alive.

For details for how to develop Docker apps on IOx, please refer to Cisco DevNet: IOx - IOx - IOx (go to App Development --> Docker Demo Apps, and C based simple app - IOx Docs as a C based Docker app as an example).

Hi Steve,

We actually have a simple python script running inside the docker container.

We went back to a hello world that ran on the Devnet sandbox and deployed on our 829 and had the same issue.

Justin

Figured this one out. Turns out if your App starts and then immediately stops it's likely due to something erroring out. In my case it looks like when I modified the GOS and restarted it; it corrupted one of the libraries I was using.

I'm having a problem that sounds quite similar. However, I don't understand how the GOS could affect the libraries that your app users given that it is running within an LXC container. Do you have any further information?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: