cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6Ks

Jminich
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone out there have information on the availability of the BE6Ks?  We know it was announced End of sale June 9 2017, but is orderable until December 2017.  Our Disti says the soonest ship date is August 27th 2017.  Some say there is no such product any longer.  We're trying to learn which is accurate.  Has anyone seen a BE6Ks delivered since April 2017?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jarias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I’m the Cisco product manager for BE6000S (M2) appliance.

It’s still orderable and plenty of units have been shipping this year.

There have been some recent lead time / ship date challenges on BE6000S (M2) hardware due to a few large orders relative to inventory that supply chain is recovering from.

Ship dates are based on inventory vs. backlog, and can be different if you’re buying from Distribution Fulfillment instead of Cisco (direct) Fulfillment.

BE6000S (M2) appliance will end of sale in Dec 2017 … see EOL bulletin: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-6000/eos-eol-notice-c51-739191.html

As always, hardware support for +5 years after eoSale per standard EOL policy.

For preload apps PCP, UCM, IMP, CUC, Paging Server, see the EOL bulletins of those apps for application version support timelines (e.g. UCM/IMP 10.5/11.5 have not published EOL bulletin, but you may see some PCP EOL bulletins as they move to faster release cadence).

Hope that helps!

-james

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jarias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I’m the Cisco product manager for BE6000S (M2) appliance.

It’s still orderable and plenty of units have been shipping this year.

There have been some recent lead time / ship date challenges on BE6000S (M2) hardware due to a few large orders relative to inventory that supply chain is recovering from.

Ship dates are based on inventory vs. backlog, and can be different if you’re buying from Distribution Fulfillment instead of Cisco (direct) Fulfillment.

BE6000S (M2) appliance will end of sale in Dec 2017 … see EOL bulletin: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-6000/eos-eol-notice-c51-739191.html

As always, hardware support for +5 years after eoSale per standard EOL policy.

For preload apps PCP, UCM, IMP, CUC, Paging Server, see the EOL bulletins of those apps for application version support timelines (e.g. UCM/IMP 10.5/11.5 have not published EOL bulletin, but you may see some PCP EOL bulletins as they move to faster release cadence).

Hope that helps!

-james

James,

We have had one o order through Dist for 7 weeks and had a ship Date of July 2.  This week we got a new ship date and our project is stalled. I am working with my VSAM and TAM to resolve the issue.  The system is to be deployed in a client new facility in time for them to take occupancy July 17.  Any chance you could shake something loose for the client?  Should I have our Cisco Account Team contact you?

@jerryminich …

Have your account team send me the SO# and make sure a CS/VP/EE expedite has been submitted.

It being Q4 we’re getting a lot of orders and as is typical for BE6K in general lots of requests for expedited shipment.

-james

James,

We have been instructed like wise from my TAM Patti Philips. Can we take this thread direct and off line from Communities?  I would like to connect you with my Cisco Account Team.

Thanks,

Jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: