cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Last Inventory Collection Status - ERROR-CONNECTION

Don Maker
Level 1
Level 1

I have just begun to install and get acquainted with APIC-EM. I added a single 4500 to inventory. It seems to register fine, and I can see interfaces and their status, but in the Device Inventory I see ERROR-CONNECTION for collection status. It says:

"The device connection could not be established. The device may be too busy or device reachability or line configuration may be having issues. APIC-EM will attempt to resync the device in sometime."

Any suggestions on where to look, or what to do?

Thank-you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can ssh now from grapevine. I had to add

KexAlgorithms=curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

to the /etc/ssh/ssh_config file.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'd start by verifying that there is connectivity.  Can you ssh from grapevine to the device?  Can you do a snmpwalk?   cpu on the 4500 within acceptable ranges? 

Thank you for the response. This is what I see in the router logs when I try to connect from grapevine:

Jul 11 10:31:33: %SSH-3-DH_RANGE_FAIL: Client DH key range mismatch with maximum configured DH key on server

Jul 11 10:31:33: %SSH-5-SSH2_SESSION: SSH2 Session request from 172.16.69.77 (tty = 1) using crypto cipher '', hmac '' Failed

Jul 11 10:31:33: %SSH-5-SSH2_CLOSE: SSH2 Session from 172.16.69.77 (tty = 1) for user '' using crypto cipher '', hmac '' closed

I'm going to have to spend some time with Google..

I'm thinking this might be the problem:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo76464/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

The only fixes listed are for IOS. I am running XE on my 4500's

I can ssh now from grapevine. I had to add

KexAlgorithms=curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

to the /etc/ssh/ssh_config file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community