cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uncaught ReferenceError: gadgets is not defined

pravin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi getting following error when accessing my softphone.html application in Iframe application . I have given finesse.js ref in my inbound.xml file and html file.

finesse-10.5.1.js:18141 Uncaught ReferenceError: gadgets is not defined
    at finesse-10.5.1.js:18141
    at finesse-10.5.1.js:18077
    at finesse-10.5.1.js:18079
what will be the error can anyone help

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pravin,

Are you using a Finesse 10.5 system? If not, please make sure that the gadget version matches the Finesse version. Like I said in the Spark room, that stacktrace isn't enough information to really tell you what the issue is, I would recommend opening a support ticket to debug further.

If you would like to try to debug yourself, I would recommend using the browser's developer tools and put a breakpoint.

Thanx,

Denise

jefryarch
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using any script file and getting "Uncaught ReferenceError:" which means 'x' is either a variable or a method which you are trying to use before declaring it using var keyword. This means that there is a non-existent variable referenced somewhere. This variable needs to be declared, or you need to make sure it is available in your current script or scope otherwise , it will endup throwing this 'x' is not defined error . This usually indicates that your library is not loaded and JavaScript does not recognize the 'x'.

To solve this error: Load your library at the beginning of all your scripts.

There can be multiple other reasons for this issue:

• Path to CDN library you included is not correct
  • The library file is corrupted
  • Working offline
  • Conflict with Other Libraries