cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Method to return more than 500 devices in API GET "network-device"

bruce.maurer
Level 1
Level 1

Small question to the community.  I've got 1400 devices in my device inventory and looking periodically pulls a current "status" of all devices.  The challenge is the 500 record return limit.  Is there an API method of paging or setting an alternative "max limit" size similar to Cisco Prime?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruce,

APIC-EM API support pagination, so you can as for the next 200 (for example, with a max of 500) as

/api/v1/network-device/501/200

{index}/{count}

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruce,

APIC-EM API support pagination, so you can as for the next 200 (for example, with a max of 500) as

/api/v1/network-device/501/200

{index}/{count}

Thank you and this works for what I'm needing to do.

Hello Adam,

Limitation of 500 is applicable to Host as well?

So if I understand correctly even using below API call I can extract information of only 500 Users in 1 API call due to limit of 500?

https:/DNA IP/dna/api/v1/host

Is there any possibility to extract information of all end users in 1 API call in DNAC 2.1.X Release? or Is there any other way to increase this limit of 500?

Also can you please confirm whether below API call is not supported any more in DNAC version 1.3.X onwards?

https://DNA IP/api/assurance/v1/host 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community