cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My customers need to have GDP for using WebEx XML API?

izumi.iwata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm wondering if my customer needs to have Gold Partner Program (GDP) for using WebEx XML API through apps we developed.

My customer has WebEx Meeting Center site, and in admin site, site info shows ”XML API" included in available features.

And my customer saw the whitepaper of GDP in https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/35d4b50e-0069-4009-afe9-f559525f7f4c

and GDP is described as below:

• Gold Developer (GDP): This is a premium membership level with an annual fee that provides enhanced support, architectural consulting, and a dedicated development site for testing. This level of membership is available to end-users and potential partners.

Of-course developers like us need to have GDP for using test site and dedicated support for providing stable apps using the API, but this statement above doesn't look to say that the API user need to have this partner program. 

On the other hand, I heard that each customer need Site ID and Partner ID for using XML API and to get these, they go to GDP, is it right?

I've check some threads here but couldn't get clear answer, so any comment would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Izumi Iwata

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kasutton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Izumi,

If you are the developer and have GDP, your customer does not need to have it. GDP gives you access to our API Developer Support team as well as a dev site, which your customers shouldn't need. Any first level support would be provided by you, but if you aren't able to resolve the issue on your own you or one of your teammates could reach out to the Developer Support team for assistance.

GDP is not required to get the Site ID - This is available on the main Site Admin page of the site in question. Partner ID used to be required, but no longer is except for NBR and select URL API commands. XML API has no requirement to use the Partner or Site IDs. We recommend including <siteName> in the XML API <securityContext> rather than the siteID/partnerID combo that used to be required. Hope this helps.

Kasey

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kasutton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Izumi,

If you are the developer and have GDP, your customer does not need to have it. GDP gives you access to our API Developer Support team as well as a dev site, which your customers shouldn't need. Any first level support would be provided by you, but if you aren't able to resolve the issue on your own you or one of your teammates could reach out to the Developer Support team for assistance.

GDP is not required to get the Site ID - This is available on the main Site Admin page of the site in question. Partner ID used to be required, but no longer is except for NBR and select URL API commands. XML API has no requirement to use the Partner or Site IDs. We recommend including <siteName> in the XML API <securityContext> rather than the siteID/partnerID combo that used to be required. Hope this helps.

Kasey

izumi.iwata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kasey,

Thank you for the valuable answer and advice!

I'm glad to know that my customer can user the API without having GCP contract.

And I have additional two questions below:

- Would you let me clarify if my customer can use our WebEx API with their own WebEx site (e.g. aaa.webex.com) without GDP which is different from our own webex site (phoneappli.webex.com)? 

- If our customers who don't have GDP want to use URL API on traditional WebEx site (e.g. port contract) on which we can't find Partner ID on Site Information, can they get the Partner ID via CSM or someone? 

Thanks a lot.

Izumi