cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSC/ODL Support for BGP-LS and PCEP for IOS-XE?

Hello! I'm currently working in a BGP-LS/PCEP/SR solution with ASR920 (IOS-XE) and I came across confusing information....In the ASR920 Datasheet it indicates BGP-LS/PCEP interaction with OSC is supported...however, in OSC datasheet's it indicates OSC/ODL only supports at this time ASR9K (IOS-XR), Nexus9K (NX-OS) and Cat4500 platforms. Is anyone working in smtg similar or has came across the same question before?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I could probably test it here with CSR1kv.

OSC's data sheet probably pre-dates support for BGP-LS, PCE-P and NETCONF/YANG on XE.   At any rate OSC is EoL:

Cisco Open SDN Controller - End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices - Cisco

On that basis if you want to have a support contract you need an alternative ODL distro.   Feel free to ping me off-list to discuss.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

giheron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

XE is supported by ODL.    I've not tried BGP-LS/PCE-P with it - might depend on the XE version as to what it supports.  Does your version definitely have BGP-LS/PCE-P support?   If so I'm sure we can make it work

ASR920 definitely supports BGP-LS and PCEP, and since our client requires a support contract for the controller we intent to use OSC....but when reading OSC's datasheet, it says it doesn't support IOS-XE (table 2):

Cisco Open SDN Controller 1.2 Data Sheet - Cisco

I don't have access to a lab with IOS-XE devices, but we have implemented this with ASR9K (XR) and it works perfectly fine.

I could probably test it here with CSR1kv.

OSC's data sheet probably pre-dates support for BGP-LS, PCE-P and NETCONF/YANG on XE.   At any rate OSC is EoL:

Cisco Open SDN Controller - End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices - Cisco

On that basis if you want to have a support contract you need an alternative ODL distro.   Feel free to ping me off-list to discuss.

Thanks Giles! I'll do! very much appreciated!

Patricio.