cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex XML API - User Authentication - <samlResponse>

aishsree
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, I am Aishwarya currently working on Webex as a developer. My aim right now is to schedule a meeting, but I have to authenticate myself first. For authentication I am using the Webex XML API.

In the XML Authentication request, the API says I need to send a <samlResponse>. But it is not clear what has to be placed inside the tag. Another user had the same problem - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14043254/how-to-use-webexs-xml-api-with-sso-saml

However, when I contacted the IT support, they told me ask in this group.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kasutton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aishwarya,

It appears that Nathan has responded to your email on this, but I am pasting here for anyone else that happens across this thread looking for guidance on the same issue:

XML API authenticaiton occurs in the securityContext of each XML API request, using an active site admin or host account credentials. Note that development against cisco.webex.com is generally frowned upon and necessary access to live SAML assertion is not granted. authenticateUser is specific to SAML SSO authentication and requires access to live SAML assertion data and IdP initiated SAML. You may want to consider ordering a WebEx site specific to your development efforts so that you can control the environment and access to credentials and configuration. If everything else is in order, the samlResponse is a live SAML response, encoded in BASE64.

Kasey

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kasutton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aishwarya,

It appears that Nathan has responded to your email on this, but I am pasting here for anyone else that happens across this thread looking for guidance on the same issue:

XML API authenticaiton occurs in the securityContext of each XML API request, using an active site admin or host account credentials. Note that development against cisco.webex.com is generally frowned upon and necessary access to live SAML assertion is not granted. authenticateUser is specific to SAML SSO authentication and requires access to live SAML assertion data and IdP initiated SAML. You may want to consider ordering a WebEx site specific to your development efforts so that you can control the environment and access to credentials and configuration. If everything else is in order, the samlResponse is a live SAML response, encoded in BASE64.

Kasey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: