Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Points

KamranNiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am using Cisco Wireless Lan Controller Catalyst 3750G. Now i want to add some access points to it. How can i find which access points will best work with it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

This is a very old model. I am sorry I was not aware of the above.

Looking at documentation. You can support 1140 & 1250 bot AP EoL. We do not sell those AP anymore, nor that switch.

Regards...

Rafael - TAC

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hilda Arteaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi kamranniaz

Hope you’re doing well, I found a “discussion” at the Cisco Support Community that might be very helpful to solve your query. Please consult this link: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13338921/stackwise-bandwidth

Also I would ike to share with you the following:

Cisco recommends the use of a controller dedicated to guest traffic, this controller is known as the guest anchor controller.

The guest anchor controller is usually located in an unsecured network area, often called the demilitarized zone (DMZ). Other internal WLAN controllers from where the traffic originates are located in the enterprise LAN. An EoIP tunnel is established between the internal WLAN controllers and the guest anchor controller in order to ensure path isolation of guest traffic from enterprise data traffic. Path isolation is a critical security management feature for guest access. It ensures that security and quality of service (QoS) policies can be separate, and are differentiated between guest traffic and corporate or internal traffic.

An important feature of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network architecture is the ability to use an EoIP tunnel to statically map one or more provisioned WLANs (that is, SSIDs) to a specific guest anchor controller within the network. All traffic - both to and from a mapped WLAN - traverses a static EoIP tunnel that is established between a remote controller and the guest anchor controller.

The selection of the guest anchor controller is a function of the amount of guest traffic as defined by the number of active guest client sessions, or as defined by the uplink interface capacity on the controller, or both.

I hope this information is helpful, wish you have a great week!

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

>> Switch 3750 does not support wireless functionality. Can you verify what model you are using?

>> In the following document based on the code you are running on the WLC you can check what AP are supported.

Cisco Wireless Solutions Software Compatibility Matrix - Cisco

The compatibility is not based on platform but software you are running on WLC and what AP can be supported.

>> Now you should pick AP based on your needs, verify data sheets to check what AP best suits your network.

Regards,

Rafael

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Thanks for your Guidance, further please guide me

I have WS-C3750G-24WS-S50 Wirleless Lan Controllers and AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9V03 access point working fine.

1. Now can i use AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9V05 access points with the same WLC as mentioned above. If yes then how. I have tried lot but failed.

2. what new models of Access Points i can use with same WLC.

3. Where can i get these Access Points from.

Thanks

Hello,

This is a very old model. I am sorry I was not aware of the above.

Looking at documentation. You can support 1140 & 1250 bot AP EoL. We do not sell those AP anymore, nor that switch.

Regards...

Rafael - TAC

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Dear Mr Rafael,

Thanks and i am obliged.

Best Regards

Kamran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card