Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Rest API is not updating

vsharma01111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I  am using Unified Contact Center Express 11.5 and i am trying Finesse REST API i can successfully get users list, user status and queue stats etc but the stats are not changing at all.

Can you please advise what i need to look at or do if something i am missing here.

Many thanks

Vikas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vikas,

Where are you changing the agent state from? The Agent desktop or the REST API? Are you connected to pidgin/adium to see the Finesse notification? You are most likely getting an error while changing the state and therefore the get is not updating the state of the user. You need to connect to the Finesse notification to get the response of the change state request.

Take a look at this page for information about pidgin/adium: Cisco DevNet: Finesse - Docs

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Vikas,

This is very odd indeed! The first thing I'd recommend doing is ending your current reservation and creating a new one to ensure the image is clean, and the issue is consistent.

If you experience this issue with a new reservation then I will try to replicate your issue.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks!

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the reply.

Its still the same, I disconnected the session and reconnected to it but the state is not being changed.

For example if i use https://hq-uccx.abc.inc:8445/finesse/api/User/Agent002 and then change the state of the user then state does not get updated when i try again.

Is there anything i am doing wrong here?

Thanks

Vikas

Hi Vikas,

Where are you changing the agent state from? The Agent desktop or the REST API? Are you connected to pidgin/adium to see the Finesse notification? You are most likely getting an error while changing the state and therefore the get is not updating the state of the user. You need to connect to the Finesse notification to get the response of the change state request.

Take a look at this page for information about pidgin/adium: Cisco DevNet: Finesse - Docs

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for replying.

Sorry I was doing something wrong as i was changing the state from Jabber to DND and then trying to see the change in the REST API but now i believe that DND state is not reflected in the Finesse API. I can see that the state is being updated when i change it from the Finesse Desktop Agent.

Am i right in thinking that Finesse REST API shows the state which are changed from Finesse Desktop Agent as when i login to Jabber or change any state from Jabber these changes are not shown in the REST API?

Many thanks

Vikas

Hi Vikas,

The state changes from the Finesse Desktop are reflected in the Finesse REST API, but jabber's state is independent to the Finesse REST APIs.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: