cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration wizard stuck on "Re-balancing services"

Charlie Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of standing up a two node cluster.  When I left yesterday for the day, the configuration wizard on the second controller was at "Re-balancing services..." and looking at the status bar I would guess it was somewhere need 90% completion,  When I came in this morning, it was at the same screen and it doesn't appear that it has moved much.  I can get to the logon page for each node, butI get the message "Unable to log in at this moment.  Please try again at a later time"

If it helps, these were stood up back in January and are on 1.3.3.537.dev1032-g32a1080.

2 Replies 2

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

While our documentation indicates that 2 host clusters are supported, they are not recommended.  The most robust and suggested configuration involves three hosts.  

My general "get out of Jail" card is to do a "reset_grapevine" on the CLI.

MAKE SURE YOU SAY "N" to all the questions.

Do you have enough resources on each of the nodes?  disk/CPU/RAM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community