cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the definition of the Metro to metro/Regional backbones/Cross-country backbones Traffic patterns?

zhaoyi7928
Level 1
Level 1

I want to ask one question about the definition of the traffic patterns.
I saw the Metro to Metro ,regional backbones and cross-country backbones traffic patterns.
Cloud you answer me for this question?

I am looking forward to your answer.
Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

asumits
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, thanks for the question. Here are our definitions of the topology segments:

Metro-delivered content is content that exits the content delivery network within the same metro network that the end-user is connected to. Service provider metro networks tend to coincide with geographical metropolitan areas. Example: content destined for a user in NYC also originates within NYC. Metro-delivered content also includes traffic that originates and terminates within the same metro area, as is the case with certain IoT applications.

Regional core refers to content that exits the content delivery network outside the metro network serving the end-user, but still within the same geographical region. Example: content destined for a user in Providence RI originates in NYC.

Cross-country core is logically the same as Regional core, but the content travels a greater distance. Example: content destined for a user in Iowa originates in NYC.

Regards,

Arielle

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

asumits
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, thanks for the question. Here are our definitions of the topology segments:

Metro-delivered content is content that exits the content delivery network within the same metro network that the end-user is connected to. Service provider metro networks tend to coincide with geographical metropolitan areas. Example: content destined for a user in NYC also originates within NYC. Metro-delivered content also includes traffic that originates and terminates within the same metro area, as is the case with certain IoT applications.

Regional core refers to content that exits the content delivery network outside the metro network serving the end-user, but still within the same geographical region. Example: content destined for a user in Providence RI originates in NYC.

Cross-country core is logically the same as Regional core, but the content travels a greater distance. Example: content destined for a user in Iowa originates in NYC.

Regards,

Arielle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: