Views
Helpful
Replies

ADFS Proxy Setup with WebEx Messenger/Jabber

Mikeatine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been surfing the interwebs for some time now and I've been unable to find an answer to my predicament. I've also spent quite a few hours on the phone with Cisco but have received very limited guidance so I've made the long trek here in the hopes of gaining wisdom from fabled oracles known as the community of Cisco.

I have been tasked with setting up SSO for Jabber using ADFS 2.0 and, with guidance from some well written documentation, I've been able to successfully set this up... at least partially.

I've setup ADFS on a server within our internal network and users who are connected to the domain can sign into Jabber with automated account creation and the whole works, however, I would like to enable the ability to sign in when users are traveling outside of the network and thus not connected to the domain.

It seems the obvious solution here is to configure an ADFS proxy in the DMZ with an external facing address which would allow users to contact an idp, enabling them to login.

I've attempted to configure the remote web access service in Server 2012 but, truthfully, I'm a bit confused by the whole process and end up getting an error stating that the two servers are unable to establish TLS/SSL connectivity,

Has anyone out there had experience setting up this particular configuration and may be so kind as to provide some guidance on the process?

1 Reply 1

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you talking about Webex Messenger as in connecting Jabber to a URL like <something>.ciscowebex.com/http-bind?  If so, that service reached end of life/end of support sometime last year and is now obsolete and no longer functioning.  Customers/partners need to move to Cisco IM&P. 

If I'm misunderstanding, let me know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: