cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How enable FC adapter in UCS S3260 service profile

Stevie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, I have just installed a UCS S3260 chassis with one M4 server node, one sioc (with embedded VIC1380) and 14x 4TB HDDs. The UCS is running 3.1 firmware. The intension is to setup the server as a Windows Veeam Backup Repository server in a vSphere infrastructure. The problem I have is that the service profile is working OK with a Ethernet vNIC and have Windows 2012R2 is running OK but as soon as I try to configure two FC vHBA's the service profile comes in an error state and cannot assosiate the profile. The error remarks that no resources are available and not able to setup the FC HBA's.  I suspect that this comes from the fact that the two 40Gb (QSFP+) ports on the SIOC are 10Gb connected to the FI's via a '40Gb to 10Gb' convertor module.

Has someone experience with this setup and give me a clue where to look for?

Cisco QSFP to SFP or SFP+ Adapter Module Data Sheet - Cisco 

1 Reply 1

gsabbadini
Level 1
Level 1

I'm pretty sure I'm late on this ... but I'll answer anyway (in case someone else is looking for the same issue): in my case, I needed to specify Chassis Connection Policy to "none", while the global policy was "port-channel" since the UCS domain already had some 5108 chassis and HX systems as well.

As soon as the Chassis Connectivity Policy has been corrected (only for the S3260 chassis) the service profile was correctly associated and vHBAs were created as expected.

Please notice that in my case we had two SIOCs and two servers for each S3260 chassis (you may have different configurations and/or connectivity needs).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card