cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide 3rd party gadget in Finesse 11

ramkarri1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a requirement in finesse to launch a custom desktop application. We are doing this by using the screen pop gadget and then hiding the actual gadget on finesse screen.This setup works with Finesse 10.5.

But similar setup doesn't work with Finesse 11. Even removing the title in the xml doesn't work as the gadget title shows up with value as "Finesse gadget".

Is there a way to hide the title of 3rd party gadget in Finesse 11?

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are just trying to hide the title, put a space in the title string instead of empty string.

<ModulePrefs title=" "

I tried this on my system and it seemed to not have a title. Like you said, if it is an empty string it defaults to "Finesse gadget".

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise. I was looking to see if I can get rid of the empty title bar.

In 10.5  by making the title blank the whole gadget did not show up.

That was probably a bug in 10.5, hence it showing up in 11.0. I am not aware of how to hide the whole gadget. There might be a way, but you would probably have to play around with the gadget preferences.

The closest I've ever gotten was just to make the title bar empty and then the height of the gadget to nothing in finesse.  It turns out like this...

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can hide a Gadget - effectively making it a background task.

Headless Gadget Configuration

Headless gadgets are gadgets which do not need a display space, but can be loaded and run like a background task in the browser. The Hidden attribute (optional) is used to support headless gadgets in the layout XML. When an attribute is set to "hidden=true", then the gadget is loaded by the container, but will not be displayed. The default value set for the attribute is "false".

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1201/Admin/guide/cfin_b_1201-administration-guide-release-1201/cfin_b_1201-administration-guide-release-1201_chapter_0100.html#reference_6FF3554445504BFF6...

Regards,

Gerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: