cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5520 WLC with CWA to ISE, Special Use Case, Can We Send a Cookie?

jeffk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE Experts,

My customer has a special use case and I need your feedback on the feasibility and if ISE can do this.

Background

Customer has an existing Cisco 5520 WLC running AireOS 8.2.x.x software. They also have Cisco 1852 and 1552 Access Points deployed.

Use Case (Customer's wording)

Wireless guest subscribers who will connect the guest SSID need to be authenticated via a Captive portal (Web Auth) and then we need to be able to push a cookie to the client’s web browser. The cookie will be like a specific mark that will offer a specific advertisement relating to Company's area of activity. Also, we would like to know if we can do it with Remarketing Code on the html.

Q1. Is it possible to for ISE to send a cookie to the wireless clients web browser?

Q2. If yes to Q1, how would we map a user to a specific cookie (to send to wireless clients web browser based on companies area          of activity [Business])?

Thank you.

Jeff

Cisco Escalation VSE (GVE TSN) - Enterprise Networks

CCIE 11873 (R/S & Security)

3 Replies 3

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jeff,

Guest services on ISE supports the use of Javascript so you should be able to set a cookie in the browser of the endpoint.  There are examples on the internet on how to do that.  Google Remarketing appears to use Javascript as well so it is something you will need to test in a lab environment.

Regards,

-Tim

Tim,

Thank you for your reply. Looking at the ISE 2.3 Administrator Guide:

Customize End-User Web Portals

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-3/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_23/b_ise_admin_guide_23_chapter_010001.html

I'm not seeing any reference to pushing a cookie. ISE would be a new purchase for this customer, so I need to be able to provide some documentation on how this would be supported using ISE. Are there any specific guides or examples you could direct me to?

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff,

You aren't going to find a guide on how to write JavaScript in the ISE admin guide.  You would need a web developer who knows the language.  There are many guides on how to use JavaScript to set a cookie available on the internet.

Regards,

-Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: