cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security during Cisco AnyConnect connection

adarrah01
Level 1
Level 1

This morning my security team alerted us to an article about hackers attacking hotel public wifi hotspots, and the question was raised as to how Cisco Anyconnect VPN would protect a user's credentials during the actual connection phase (several seconds).  We're confident that once the connection is established, it's pretty locked up, but what about during the connection itself? 

I suppose the root question is:  can a bad actor glean user credentials or other sensitive information while a user is using public wifi (hotel, airport, coffee shop, etc.) to connect to Cisco Anyconnect VPN?

If this or similar discussions have already taken place, feel free to direct me to the discussion.  I did a quick search on the forum and went through several pages of Cisco Anyconnect questions and answers but couldn't find it.  I also attempted to download the technical documents for Cisco Anyconnect, and see the line item about (TLS and DTLS); IPsec IKEv2, but I can't seem to find if this is during the handshake, or during the connection, or both.

Thank you for any help.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: