Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No valid certificates available for authentication

Hi,

I am using AnyConnect VPN 3.1.09013 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise. When I try to connect to a DevNet sandbox

devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com/rave24, I am getting error that "Connection attempt has failed". With error as "No valid certificates available for authentication" in the message history.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

13 Replies 13

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Arun,

This first thing I'd recommend doing is downloading a newer version of AnyConnect. The version we recommend for the Sandbox can be found here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/sandbox/anyconnect/

Also, please ensure in your preferences that the "Block connections to untrusted servers" is unchecked so you can connect to the sandbox.

ACsettings.PNG

This can be adjusted by clicking the "gear" on the AnyConnect window, and navigating to the "Preferences" tab.

Please let me know if this works out, and if you've got any other questions!

Thanks!
Jacob

Thanks Jacob. Looks like the issue was due to my Laptop behind corporate network. When I tried from home network, I was able to access.

Thank you for your support.

Hello Arun,

Awesome, I'm glad you were able to sort this out! Please let us know if you've got any questions!

Thanks!

Jacob

Hello Jacob,

I'm getting same error on Mac OS with client version above 3.X and 4.x series as well. Cisco Anyconnect says no "No valid certificates available for authentication"  on Mac OS X Yosemite onward. Do you have any solution for this?

Regards

Ash

Hello Ash,

Can you download and installed the exact version of anyconnect from here? https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/sandbox/anyconnect/

Also, could you please let me know the exact version of OS X you're using to help us narrow down your issue?

Thanks!
Jacob

Thank you so much! It works

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Hi .

I had similar issue. I fixed it

somebody please share resolution.

How?

How did you fix it? I have the issue.

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I am using ubuntu 18.04   I am getting error  certification velidation failure.  Anyone can help here.

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Got Anyconnect v4.3.05017  on Windows 10 Enterprise.

The error certif. validation failure in my case was due to the TLS v1.0 disabled.

To enable: go to regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\Schannel\Protocols\

TLS 1.0 > Client > Enabled > Value Data = 1

This was the fix for me:

Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy.

Under Local Security Settings, | Local Policies | Security Options.

Enable the policy -> System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: