cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are there functions similar to GethosturlMeeting and GetjoinurlMeeting for Event Center?

Nicholas1
Level 1
Level 1

GethosturlMeeting and GetjoinurlMeeting works well for our Meeting Center meetings.  However, Event Center does not appear to have these calls.  Is there an equivalent call for that product?  If not, how do I log a user in and pass them into the meeting without them having to take any manual action?

I should note that the URL API is not a viable alternative.  We had issues with those calls failing to log attendees out from previous sessions.  More importantly the URL API requires us to expose the event password, which could then be used to bypass our system entirely to enter into the Webex webinar.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

These calls should work for all Centers, its not specific to MeetingCenter.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

These calls should work for all Centers, its not specific to MeetingCenter.

It seems that it doesn't work for Event Center. It returns the URL like this:

mytrials-eu.webex.com/mytrials-eu/m.php?MTID=eabced1bb896b8c85420573716da46b39

but the correct URL for attendees is:

mytrials-eu.webex.com/mytrials-eu/onstage/g.php?MTID=ecb55f2c0c6316b64b75ec864949cf536

Can you please confirm if it is correct way for getting this URL? I don't see this URL for attendees on the Event data too (GetEvent api method).

Thank you,

Bartosz

Hello,

The first URL in your example is specific to a single attendee and includes reference to their name, email address, session key, session password, and registration ID,  if/as provided in the GetjoinurlMeeting request, and will directly launch the Event Center application. The second URL is a generic URL that routes attendees to a join form to enter their details manually before joining. These are both valid examples of join URLs, and the first is the expected behavior for GetjoinurlMeeting.

Hello,

thank you for your help! I have noticed that the Registration checkbox must be unchecked on the event settings and then the URL from GetjoinurlMeeting works fine. User's email address has to be provided on the request too.

Best regards,

Bartosz

Email address is always required to join. For cases where registration is enabled, a registration ID is also needed, and is supported by this request as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: