Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePOWER FMC image needed for ESXi host

mmatis861
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was tasked with installing Cisco FMC as a virtual appliance running on VMware.

FMC would be configured and connected to our demo 5506-X HA pair devices.

What are the steps I can take to obtain VMware ova file? Does it come with a trial license?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

Regards,

Matt Mazur

5 Replies 5

Tyson Joachims
Spotlight
Spotlight

Go to www.cisco.com > Support > Search for "Firepower Management Center Virtual Appliance" > FireSIGHT System Software and select the newest release (Cisco_Firepower_Management_Center_VMware-6.2.1-342.tar.gz as of this writing)

Once you uncompress it, you will find an OVA to start with.

Check out this document to get you going: Cisco Firepower Management Center Virtual for VMware Deployment Quick Start Guide - Cisco

miculp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can download the entire package from software.cisco.com , you'll need to have the correct entitlements to download it. If you don't then I'd suggest reaching out to your Cisco rep and have it published to you. Unless you've bought licenses, you'll need to get demo licenses from your Cisco rep as well.

As Michael Cup told in his last post, you can download an ISO file or vmware image from Cisco support portal. Here you are the link for th 6.2.2 version: Software Download - Cisco Systems

there is this file and I cant seem to find an OVF template file inside : 

Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_Patch-6.2.3.4-42.sh.REL.tar 

I guess its my bad , was looking at the upgrade file not the actual 6.2 installation file which should be this :

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286259687/type/286271056/release/6.2.2

I will try this and should be able to find the ovf file inside.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: