cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can we export a VRF route into Global Routing table ?

kcsbalaji2013
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Campus Network with in one VLAN is a secured VLAN with VRF. How can i make that Users access Internet via the Global Routing table.  I was able to import the Default route into the VRF using BGP Communities but any way to advertise my VRF LAN to Global routing table ?.

thanks

Balaji

7 Replies 7

bolick
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bakaji,

The easiest way is probably to just use a static route, but there are other options using route maps and policy routing. Here's a whitepaper that outlines a few of the options.

Configure Route Leaking between Global and VRF Routing Table without using Next-hop - Cisco

Matt

Pranay Prasoon
Level 3
Level 3

I think you can use import and export functionality too (import ipv4 unicast <route-map>)

Configure Route Leaking between Global and VRF Routing Table without using Next-hop - Cisco

Export command is also available  starting from IOS 15.2(4)S

Fabrizio Chessa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

this is the starting point to import a route in GRT from VRF:

• global-address-family ipv4 unicast
    • route-replicate from vrf ?

•   WORD    Source VRF name

•   global  global VRF

HTH

Regards

These commands works for me. The vrf addressess was inserted into globlal, now I need insert global addressess into vrfs tables

Hi, it's the same concept and you need to apply this into vrf configuration.

it's something like this:
vrf definition VRF-TEST

address-family ipv4

route-replicate from ....

in this case the global-address-family ipv4 is the default/global vrf

HTH

Regards,

Fabrizio

I did it and it worked. Thank you!

Hello

As you have the default route in the vrf rib pointing to the global rib then all you need to do is to add another static of the vrf network and point it towards the vrf connected interface on the rtr then advertised this static via redistribution.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card