Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.x Sponsor Portal Health Check URL clarified

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi

I wanted to provide some feedback after a TAC case of mine revealed a deeper understanding of how the ISE Sponsor Portal health check works.  I am referring to the brilliant BRKSEC-3699 which gives us examples of how to do it.

When I initially used this in my ISE 2.2 deployment I followed the ISE 1.3 Example verbatim in my F5 LTM and all was working well.  And then one day I modified my Sponsor Portal and then it broke the health check.  Here is why ... it's obvious now, in retrospect, but I didn't realise that the GET string example above was referring to the Portal Name.  The BRKSEC example works well as long as you don't customise the Portal Name.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jason - agreed - too much coffee ... too much multi-tasking

With any luck ( chyps ), my amendments could make it into the next BRKSEC-3699 updated PPT 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great feedback!  Thank you for clarifying this and writing it out so that it is easy to understand.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

great stuff you should post this as a document or blog  instead of a question

Hi Jason - agreed - too much coffee ... too much multi-tasking

With any luck ( chyps ), my amendments could make it into the next BRKSEC-3699 updated PPT 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: