Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Expressway deployment/GeoDNS issues

Stephen Bempong
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, I need your help!

I have a customer that has deployed Expressway in NA, EU, Asia and Korea. The customer has Employees use Jabber on their Cell phones and they can be anywhere in the world. When the employees launch Jabber, it connects to Expressway in NA based on public DNS records (hostname with IP address).

What they want to accomplish is as follows;

Employee in North America launches a mobile application, the DNS detects location of user and provides connection to nearest Expressway, the one in NA.

Employee in Europe launches a mobile application, the DNS detects location of user and provides connection to nearest Expressway, the one in EU.

Employee in China launches a mobile application, the DNS detects location of user and provides connection to nearest Expressway, the one in China and same Korea.

They have been having problems implementing this as the users always connect to the North America Expressway first. The customer is looking for a solution and I need your help resolving this situation for the customer.

If there is no solution and the customer can use GeoDNS and Global Traffic Directors to resolve these employees issues, what is your recommendation for a GeoDNS provider?

5 Replies 5

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

Any GeoDNS service should work, and another option would be to use custom service domains for each region.

jpcma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stephen,

This answer has been addressed in another thread and might be of some help to you too.

Jabber, GEODNS and/or Traffic Manager

Jeff

Thanks.

i found your suggestion in my searching and we gave cloudfloor a try.  we've been happy with the solution so far

Stephen Bempong
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your response. We went with Amazon Route 53.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: