Views
Helpful
Replies

Real time monitoring of CUCM call events

pwrp4j1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Team,

I have a requirement to monitor calls between telephony devices (e.g. a Cisco 7960 desk phone or soft phone). As soon as a call is placed, our software is supposed to provide a notification trigger which pops out a video display in our application. The display stays open until the call is terminated and thus an event trigger would be used to shut the video display down.

I have been looking at the various available options including TAPI - however as far as I can see, this appears to only work if the call is placed and received in a workstation that has a TAPI client installed and it is the one used for placing/receiving calls.

Is there any other API or way we can do this?

Thanks

Randeep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TAPI (or JTAPI) can be used to monitor multiple phones/lines from the same application - which can certainly be a server app.  The TAPI application will connect to CUCM via a configured 'application user' (or possibly a regular user account), and the CUCM admin can associated one or many phones to this app user - the application can then open and monitor events on any of the devices available in its associated device list.

There is also a mechanism whereby a TAPI/JTAPI application can dynamically 'acquire' control of a device ad hoc, based on its device name (see the 'super provider' feature info.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TAPI (or JTAPI) can be used to monitor multiple phones/lines from the same application - which can certainly be a server app.  The TAPI application will connect to CUCM via a configured 'application user' (or possibly a regular user account), and the CUCM admin can associated one or many phones to this app user - the application can then open and monitor events on any of the devices available in its associated device list.

There is also a mechanism whereby a TAPI/JTAPI application can dynamically 'acquire' control of a device ad hoc, based on its device name (see the 'super provider' feature info.)

Thank you, I will look deeper into the interface today. During the configuration of the TAPI, I didn't set it up as mentioned in your message. I will associate an Application user rather than an end user this time.

End user or Application user will work fine - the trick is in adding target devices to the 'Controlled Devices' list for the user.